Civic Center – San Francisco, CA
The Ceramics Annual of America is a gallery format exhibition featuring the work of an impressive group of ceramic artists. This is your opportunity to be included in the largest exhibition of ceramic fine art in the United States. Last year’s exhibition attracted over 10,000 collectors, art enthusiasts, educators and students.
Open to all artists 18 years and older working in clay. (There is a limited amount of space, and priority will be given to members who have participated the last three years. )
1. All works must be one of a kind, non-production work, made primarily of clay.
2. Digital entries submitted for jury must be representative of the artwork that will be shown in the exhibition. Send at least 3-4 images to email@example.com or submit your images below.
3. Artists will be responsible for installing their own work in a preassigned space, not a booth, which will accommodate 4 – 6 life size pieces or 6 – 8 smaller pieces of artwork. This is a gallery exhibition, not a vendor booth setup. Free standing I-beam and T-shape areas are available for wall displays. Background walls and tracks will be provided by CAA. Artists will provide their own lighting, pedestals, painted a specified white color.
4. It is strongly recommended that artists mustbe present during the exhibition. Local artists are expected to help/volunteer at least 4hrs during the event, and artists must be present as much as possible during the event (except international artists).
5. Sales will be handled by CAA staff with a 30% commission going to the CAA.
6. If your application is accepted, the fee to participate in the exhibition is $1,000. payable in 2 installments – $500 due now.
7. Participating artists will be published in the Ceramics Annual of America Catalog– a 200 page, full color publication of the exhibiting artists.
CAA, managed by the California Ceramics Cooperative, is a not-for-profit organization of regional ceramic artists. All revenue from fees, commissions and sales covers the costs of the exhibition.
1st payment payment: Due day of Acceptance
Delivery of work and installation Friday, Ocotber 18, 2013 at 8am
Opening reception Friday, October 18, 2013
Show ends and move out Sunday, October 20, 2013
Please be prepared with the following information when applying online:
A full color catalog/reference book will be produced for the event – Catalog images and artist write-up due July 1 latest.